What Is Expected From You Once You Have The Job?
Studies by Princeton Creative Research have offered useful information for the young graduate at his / her first job. One study shows that managers and supervisors consider it important to:
- Learn the organizational system and policies quickly.
- Grasp what is to be done on the job and how it is to be done without having to be told.
- Find out what management's expectations are and what problems the company faces.
- Make the accomplishment of the company's purposes an overriding concern.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward the company's policies and operations.
- Be intent on demonstrating ability and usefulness to the company.
- Put aside undue concerns about promotions, salary increases, or changes in the system to suit personal preferences.